Harker Heights Police Department
Citizens Volunteer Program
To interface with employees and officers of the Harker Heights Police Department by helping in areas has directed by the Chief of Police or the Community Services Division
Participants in the Citizens Volunteer Program (CVP) must be graduates of the Harker Heights Citizen Police Academy. Personal conduct shall correspond with the standards of conduct imposed upon the personal of the Police Department. Knowledge of privileged information shall not be divulged or discussed with persons outside the program. Each person shall treat the other members of the program and the Police Department’s personnel with respect, courtesy, and consideration. Tact and diplomacy shall be used by all members when interacting with the general public while under the sponsorship of the Police Department and when ones clothing identifies the person as a member of the Citizens Volunteer Program (CVP).
Areas Citizens Volunteer Program (CVP) Work In:
Some of the areas that the volunteers are currently working are:
1. Admin records section helping in the filing of reports.
2. Working in the Detective Section filing paperwork and photos.
3. Doing the day time house watch checks.
4. Up dating business emergency contact information
5. Night time house checks and reporting suspicious activity