Guidelines For Holding A Garage Sale
There is No permit required to have a garage sale, however the following guidelines apply:
• There shall be no more than two garage sales at the same property during the calendar year, however, this does not include participation in the Community-Wide Garage Sale hosted by the City.
• The duration of any sale shall not exceed three consecutive calendar days. • Items for sale must be the property of the owner or lessee of the home at which the garage sale is located.
• All transactions shall be confined to the premises of the property.
• No merchandise to be sold shall have been acquired solely for the purpose of resale.
• Please do not place signs on stop signs, light poles or in any type of right of way. This is a violation of our Code of Ordinances and you could be subject to a fine.
• If you have any questions, please reference the City of Harker Heights Code of Ordinances Chapter 111- Garage Sales, or contact us at email us at 254-953-5600
• Any person, corporation, or firm violating the provisions of this chapter shall be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor and upon conviction thereof may be fined not to exceed $500.